Re: [ga] nic.name hacked!

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>, Suszanne Sene <ssene@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] nic.name hacked!
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 04:12:28 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "vinton g. cerf" <vinton.g.cerf@xxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Geroge and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

 Is anyone surprised?  I am not...

  Had ICANN insisted when "Selecting" these TLD registries that
they adequately secure their Registry in the first place, this sort
of nonsense would not occur.  And I harped on that issue
far in advance...

  I wonder when ICANN will ever get someone in it's management
and technical structure that is reasonably responsible???

George Kirikos wrote:

> As reported on the Registrars mailing list, they've been hacked.
>
> See http://www.nic.name/
>
> (I took a screenshoot, in case it gets fixed)
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.kirikos.com/

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801