Re: [ga] Internet voteing expands to Canada

  • To: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Internet voteing expands to Canada
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:27:14 -0800
  • Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stephane and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholder/users,

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 03:49:55AM -0800,
>  Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
>  a message of 28 lines which said:
>
> > Internet voting continues to expand.
>
> Which does not prove it is a good thing (use of Microsoft software
> expands, too, despite the number of security failures).

  Not a germane argument, unfortunately for you...

> > http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePress/News/2003/11/10/252133.html
>
> Zero information about the security of the system, expect a ridiculous
> marketing paragraph:

  partly agreed here.  However if you do your homework
and know a little about various credit card security methods
and systems, and then compare them to Canvote's you
can than make a accurate or reasonable determination
as to how "ridiculous" a marketing statement it is or is
not.  As I doubt you have done such a review, I can
only reasonably conclude your comment/remark is
one of a unqualified opinion based nature...
Hence, negative Spin!

 Nice try here Stephane, but again, no cigar...

> > Church said the system uses security measures based on world
> > standards for financial transactions like those used in online
> > banking or credit card transactions.
>
> > and http://www.canvote.ca/en/
>
> http://www.canvote.ca/en/security/ shows a complete lack of clue about
> the issues of computer security. It looks like a copycat of Verisign's
> ridiculous description of the bunker surrounding
> a.root-servers.net. Hint: what happens when CanVote itself is the
> cheater?

  Answer:  It is investigated if reasonable evidence exists to
warrant such.  If a finding clearly indicates cheating, as was
determined during and just after ICANN's only real election
for Atlarge rep's, than a determination of addressing such
can and would be legally imposed...

So again, more of your brand of Spin here it seems as well...
How sad/lame...

> > also  http://www.proxyvote.com
>
> This one is the best. See the logo at the bottom.

It is a good one, that has been in use for a number of years,
yes.  But best?  No...

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801