Re: [ga] VeriSign fends off critics at ICANN confab and ALAC's ligitimacy

Joop and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Joop, yet again and repeatedly you continue to show your lack
of understanding just like you did with your attempt with
the IDNO and wasted 2+ years of part of some peoples time
in that doomed to fail effort with you desiring/demanding to be
at it's head.  The head rolled after being effectively,
and necessarily, severed from the IDNO carcass.

  First off ICANNATLARGE.ORG has proven itself from it's own
ML archives to be less legitimate than the ALAC.  So even it
10 years ICANNATLARGE.ORG will not be respected or
recognized given it's history.  Again in some ways
the repeating of the mistakes of the IDNO.

  Secondly Joop, the UN is not and never has been interested
managing the internet central functions/assets, namely Protocols,
IP addressing, and the DNS.  The UN has never been very good
at managing much of anything including food distribution and
global health emergencies.  It has a self admitted weak IT
technical ability.

Third, the US congress, house and senate, have the legal ability
to make laws and some regulation, but not the ability or mandate
to manage such or same.

  So in conclusion, like the IDNO, lecturing Don or any
former DNSO GA member regarding ICANNATLARGE.ORG
is a waste of time until or unless other dynamics are changed
or redirected.

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 02:01 a.m. 12/10/2003, Don Brown wrote:
> >Joop,
> >
> >The Internet was born out of a US defense initiative and its current,
> >dysfunctional governance is based in the US, etc. However, the term,
> >Internet Community, as I've used it, is all inclusive.
>
> and herein lies the problem or the contradiction. Do you senator's
> secretaries have a way of sorting email input into a file "US citizens and
> residents" and "others"?
>
> If they don't, do you think your senator's constituents would appreciate
> him to pay attention to a flood of input about ICANN from, say,  African,
> Brazilian or Chinese .com  domain name holders?
>
> How are US politico's going to judge what is representative opinion?
>
> We may agree about ICANN, but the US legislature is only a stopgap solution.
>
> Long term, if they do not want to give up Name and Number governance to a
> UN bureaucracy, the internet users worldwide have to create their own
> unique form of representative legislature.
>
> This uphill work has started with the icannatlarge.  It may take 5 years or
> more to get it recognized and respected.
>
> -joop-

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801