Re: [ga] VeriSign fends off critics at ICANN confab and ALAC's ligitimacy

Joop,

The Internet was born out of a US defense initiative and its current,
dysfunctional governance is based in the US, etc. However, the term,
Internet Community, as I've used it, is all inclusive.

Thanks,

Friday, October 10, 2003, 8:10:25 PM, Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
JT> At 01:05 p.m. 11/10/2003, Don Brown wrote:

>>The only way for this dragon to be slain, in my opinion, is for
>>Congress to do it and that won't happen until it becomes a political
>>football, which they "have to" handle.

JT> Thanks for a rare posting, Don.

JT> Your Congress "slaying the dragon"  may be a solution that satisfies
JT> American .com and .net
JT> internet users, but what about the rest of the world ?

JT> -joop-

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----