[ga] Re: Downloading opinion awarding damages for injunction against web site

  • To: Paul Levy <PLEVY@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: Downloading opinion awarding damages for injunction against web site
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 19:53:52 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxx, council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann-board@xxxxxxxxx, "declan@xxxxxxxx" <declan@xxxxxxxx>, Joe Baptista - New <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paul and all former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

Paul Levy wrote:

> In any event, if people would like to file away the actual decision for
> future use, it can be found on Ballock's web site at
> http://www.crownpontiacnissan.com/images/docs/sorted/MemorandumOpinion.pdf,

 Good stuff here.

> or on the Litigation Group's web site at
> http://www.citizen.org/documents/MemorandumOpinion.pdf
>
> FWIW, we are about to face another one of these domain name cases, as
> Jerry Falwell has initiated UDRP proceedings against the owner of the
> anti-Falwell web site www.fallwell.com

  Yeah well, Jerry Falwell is frequently getting involved in these
sorts of situations. Looks like he missed ICANN's "Sunrise
period".  >:)  In any event I can't see how he has exclusive
rights or Superior rights to "Falwell.com".  Besides he
has his own Domain and website at  http://www.jerryfalwell.com/
but I took  particular notice that he did not register a TM or SM
by that name or Domain Name either.  So no biscuit for him
at the alter, so to speak....  >:)

  I also noticed that http://www.holyfather.com/ is available,
so maybe Jerry can "Snap" this one up?  And unfortunately
for jerry, http://www.pope.com is already taken...

 But I am sure that Joe Baptista could reserve Jerryfalwell.god
and Farwell.god for for him...  So praise god, and pass the
Domain Names, eh!  >;)

And again, so this disgusting and disruptive saga continues...