Re: [ga] More on Sitefinder suspension

Stephane and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Seems some 174,661,619 from New.Net alone don't seem to share your
attitude that competing Root structures are "Toys".  Also see:
 http://www.new.net/PWC_NewNet_Enabled_Users_Attest_Report.pdf
and  http://www.new.net/about_us_partners.tp

  However it is known that you have been on this diatribe of engaging
in misinformation regarding the level of participation for several years
now.  However it also seems very obvious that a still growing number
of stakeholders/users are not buying it...

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 06:06:40PM -0700,
>  Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
>  a message of 45 lines which said:
>
> > For example, consider the IAB/ICANN statement about competing roots
> > - those reports claimed that the sky would fall, the seas would
> > boil, and hell would freeze if competing roots were allowed.
>
> This is not true. Anyone can check from:
>
> http://www.icann.org/icp/icp-3.htm
> RFC 2826
>
> that ICANN or IAB never said so.
>
> > Yet competing roots have been here and working for years and years -
> > and the net still works.
>
> Of course, "competing roots" are just a small set of local experiments
> used by the maintainer and a few pals. No wonder it works: almost
> nobody uses them.
>
> I use Open-RSC at home because I love to play with new toys. Sure, it
> works. It directs me to the right name server, except for a few ccTLD
> that are not very important to me. Exactly like ICANN does. Read
> again: exactly like ICANN does.
>
> There is no reason to use a competing root, they provide exactly the
> same service. All the other dummy TLDs that they are supposed to allow
> either does not work at all (most TLD in Open-RSC have not *one* name
> server running) or are useless since they never appear in email
> addresses, in HTML links, etc.
>
> Saying that "competing roots" work is exactly like saying that true
> direct democracy works because you run your commune that way: it does
> not mean it can work for the whole Internet.

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801