Re: [ga] ICANN is a business

On Thursday, September 18, 2003, at 10:35 PM, Joop Teernstra wrote:

http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-10sep03.htm

Congratulations to the two new appointees, and I appreciate Paul's frank admission that ICANN is a business.

"The caliber of their experience and skills will bring a terrific value to our business from day one."

Joop, didn't you see Verisign's latest SEC filing, where they reported buying 51% of ICANN's shares?

"Mr. Jeffrey recently served as Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Live365, Inc., which operates www.live365.com, the world's largest Internet radio network. Mr. Jeffrey has also served in legal affairs positions at Discovery Communications, TCI Interactive, and Fox Television"

Ahhhh. We're going to be ignored in a "fair and balanced" manner.

"As Vice President, Production at Walt Disney Imagineering, Mr. Pritz directed the engineering and manufacture of theme park shows worldwide."

ICANN's been a Mickey Mouse outfit from day one - no need to bring someone in from Disney NOW.