Additional sources of revenue (Re: [ga] ALAC statement...)

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Additional sources of revenue (Re: [ga] ALAC statement...)
  • From: Marc Schneiders <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:41:49 +0200 (CEST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, at 23:23 [=GMT+0100], Richard Henderson wrote:

> PS: Why are people still stockpiling .biz names and advertising them "for
> sale" in contradiction of the Registry rules? With respect, Jeff, I notified
> you of some conspicuous cases over a year ago and they're still operating.

Since the .biz registry is selling .biz names it would look
anti-competitive if they really started to forbid others to do so too.
Moreover, what would you say if your car dealer took your car back with no
refund when you were trying to sell it again? You would cry: murder, or at
least: theft.

> What does this say for the integrity of the Registry's processes?

It all tells us that registries need new sources of income. make $ < *

Maybe ICANN could make money from the wildcard TLD (* in the root zone)?

--
[07] Just do nothing to remain with us.
http://logoff.org