Re: [ga] ICANN Board: Do you hear the people sing?

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>, "Nancy J. Victory" <nvictory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robin Layton <RLayton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Clyde Ensslin <censslin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Board: Do you hear the people sing?
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:51:40 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxx, ICANN BC list <BClist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

George and all former DNSO GA members,

  As John Berryhill, Karl, myself and a few others have kindly
demonstrated and outlined,  a number of ICANN
Registries don't know or care what "Rules" there are, and the
ICANN staff as well as the BoD are unable or unwilling to
adequately accept what "Rules" that the stakeholders/users
require and disregard their own responsibilities.  So what
"Rules" are you referring to George?  Or do you mean
the so called voluntary policies that have no measured
consensus of support perhaps?

And so the saga continues... :/

George Kirikos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> --- Rick Wesson <wessorh@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > we should give domain owners the right to vote on issues that effect
> > *their* dns much like I have described in the attached document.
>
> Indeed. CIRA, who manages .ca, has ballots for elections. Perhaps
> Verisign could license their technology for .com/.net....
>
> Folks are voting right now, though, via their patches to BIND, via
> petitions, via their cancellation of Verisign/Thawte SSL certs, and the
> transfers of their domains away from rogue organizations owned by
> Verisign to legitimate companies that play by the rules.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.kirikos.com/

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801