Re: [ga] ALAC statement on resolution of non-existing domain name s

Vittorio, Jeff N., and all former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

  This argument proposed by Mr. Nueman is relevant IMHO, yet
it is mainly a method to extend or promote a protracted debate
that has no real value.

  OTOH, Vittorio, the ALAC does not have any real members that
constitute stakeholders/users and a brief technical reason for the
ALAC's remarks would seem to be in order.

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:24:49 -0400, "Neuman, Jeff"
> <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Just one question....the ALAC has reached the conclusion that "this practice
> >raises grave technical concerns" but cannot define those technical concerns.
> >How can you come to a conclusion on a topic which you admit you do not have
> >the knowledge to understand?
>
> We chose not to enter into technicalities in our official statement
> because it is not our role to provide technical advice to ICANN - the
> corporation has other advisory committees for that purpose.
>
> This does not mean that "we do not have the knowledge to understand"
> the topic on a technical level. Ok, I've never operated a registry,
> but I have been administering Internet-connected systems for the last
> eight years. Same applies to other ALAC members.
> --
> vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801