Re: [ga] ICANN Board: Do you hear the people sing?

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Board: Do you hear the people sing?
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:51:46 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

--- Rick Wesson <wessorh@xxxxxx> wrote:
> we should give domain owners the right to vote on issues that effect
> *their* dns much like I have described in the attached document.

Indeed. CIRA, who manages .ca, has ballots for elections. Perhaps
Verisign could license their technology for .com/.net....

Folks are voting right now, though, via their patches to BIND, via
petitions, via their cancellation of Verisign/Thawte SSL certs, and the
transfers of their domains away from rogue organizations owned by
Verisign to legitimate companies that play by the rules.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/