[ga] Re: [nznog] Verisign grabs *.net and *.com
- To: Brent McDowell <brent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [ga] Re: [nznog] Verisign grabs *.net and *.com
- From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 00:45:53 -0700
- Cc: nznog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: INEGroup Spokesman
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Brent and all,
Nice Patch. Now all you or others need to do is modify this
patch for the other errant ICANN Registries. >;) Perhaps
after awhile, and sooner rather than later, they will get the
message. Somehow though I believe it will be later... :(
Brent McDowell wrote:
> > On the other hand, ISPs can now add their own redirect rule for
> > 184.108.40.206 to point to *their own* advertising page (or "VeriSign
> > Suck" page). I hope some do, if only to piss VeriSign off.
> > Grrr. Grr grr grrr!
> For those of you who use djbdns, a patch has been released that rejects A
> records that resolve to 220.127.116.11. It'll return NXDOMAIN.
> NZNOG mailing list
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 131k members/stakeholders strong!)
"Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801