Re: [ga] Vint Cerf opposed to users being redirected to search engines

Richard and all former DNSO GA members or other interested  parties,

  Let's not forget that ICANN does not own the DNS.  And never has.
Nor does ICANN or any other spicific entity own the technology changes,
or improvements that have come along sense 1998 with respect to the
DNS and how it is or will interoperate, despite Vint's yammerings
to or toward the contrary, or Jefsey's assertions in tacit support
there of.

  Thep legacy Root Structure is also not owned by ICANN as they
seem to believe and as Vint along with others of his political bent
would have anyone believe.  It is a public resource paid for
by users and tax payers money.  What is given in a certain
level of control to ICANN can be taken away or routed
around as Vint is complaining about in the below mentioned
WSJ article.  Its just a different place for Vint to spin.

  I believe that Vint is beginning to see that his many times
changed vision of the DNS is slipping away and want to
effect some damage control to flawed vision(s) that
ICANN and he has touted...