Re: [ga] PLEASE COMMENT: Suggested ALAC response to sTLD RFP

  • To: "Roberto Gaetano" <ploki_xyz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] PLEASE COMMENT: Suggested ALAC response to sTLD RFP
  • From: "L. Gallegos" <jandl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:23:57 -0400
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How can you expect the ALAC website to be the place to disseminate and discuss
issues when very few people are aware of its existence and you have confirmed a
total lack of outreach?  There are at least two places that people are more inclined
to gather - the GA list and Icannatlarge.org.  It would behoove the ALAC to
recognize this and work with those venues familiar to most people.

Also, if the ALAC even has a prayer of having users go to its website, every single
email coming from its members should include links to forums, mail lists, or other
means for discussion of issues.  If ALAC does not have such mail lists or forums, it
is basically not expecting any ongoing discussions and therefore has little to offer
users.

Leah