icannatlarge.org (was RE: [ga] PLEASE COMMENT: Suggested ALAC re sponse to sTLD RFP)

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: icannatlarge.org (was RE: [ga] PLEASE COMMENT: Suggested ALAC re sponse to sTLD RFP)
  • From: Steven Heath <Steven.Heath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:29:45 +1200
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is amusing:

Rick Wesson said " ...discussion nor been contacted requesting my views on
anything..."

Richard Henderson and Abel Wisman both responded about being contacted about
votes that were run.

I am with Rick on this one, being contacted about poorly worded and rather
pointless grandstanding votes is not being asked "about my views".

If people think that being asked to vote on something is the same as trying
to seek a wide range of views or trying to gain consensus then you are
grossly mistaken.

It is ironic that some of the people accusing ALAC of not trying to gain
discussion before issuing a draft document are those same people that are
"involved" with icannatlarge.org.

Steven Heath
.nz news & views
www.nznews.org.nz