Re: [ga] Re: 'stakeholders'

Dear democrintegrist :-)
[for those who may object to this beiging, they will see that we are right on GNSO matters]
You may have noted that the world has become more complex than it was 200 years ago and that decisions are taken at planet level by different structures where one-man one-vote is not exactly the basic idea? Has Blair lately made you to vote about his agreements with Bush?

Yet as far as I understand UK and USA are a democracies?

Often good will and intents are not enough. Defending the values of the past situations because they were good, impeach you from seeing the demands of the present. You may have noted that in 1200 years the British system has become more sophisticated. The modern world, culture and political environment of the XXth has continued to evolve too and still does.

You may have noted that in Athen democracy meant only the vote of 500 family heads. That we had to wait for the XXth century for the women to vote. Today subsidiarity is eventually accepted - a very long fight of 150 years - and the basis of the European governance but seemingly now endangered in many many places. This evolution permits to now have myriads of democratic processes we cannot cope with without drastic changes the post-democratic society is undertaking, adapting. That change is probably as important than the Athen management system.

The old notions of democracy have enlarged a lot. Netocracy/polycracy what ever one can name the current governance development of the world, obsoletes the integrist (respect of the letter and slogans rather than of the logic) visions of the democracy.

ICANN has received that message with the 2000 @large election where 17.500 Europeans voted and 3500 Americans. Did that make Karl 5 times less representative than Andy? And none of them representative of the 700.000.000 internauts and of the billions of internet concerned people who did not vote?

Please be serious and get real!
You believe to fight ICANN and you support their worst :-) !!!
Post-democratic is not an opinion or a disease, it is status of the world calling for more than the old democratic recipes only. Our world.

I don't think I support everything they say, but they were 150.000++ in the Larzac this WE about that, probably 50.000 locked out from the place for security reasons due to the heat (more than 100 degrees). People are thinking. Most probably the societal change we live is more important than 200 and 400 years ago.

If I may I will ask you to be with the real people and a 1200 years old momentum of life, rather than stuck with your good old but rusty slogans!

Fight the centralized ICANN approach of the network. But please do not impose on us the cooperation of the Registrars - as democratic it may be, even with a GA with a restored motion capacity. We are further than that: we want the "netocratic" respect of each of the registrants.
We want the @large to be listened to as the legitimate representatives of the 700.000.000 members of the Global Internet Community. And we want that representation organized in a way which will make sense to everyone, so it will listened to.

Take care! jfc