Re: [ga] Re: ICANN before the US Senate...

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: ICANN before the US Senate...
  • From: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:54:53 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:

> Personal summary and comments on five testimonies, presented in the US
> Senate on 31 July 2003, cf.
> http://www.senate.gov/~commerce/hearings/witnesslist.cfm?id=889

My own hearing materials are not yet up on the committee's web site - I
only got them in at the last minute.  (But, considering that some of my
material was quoted by Senator Burns, it apparently was read. ;-)

Pending the posting on the committee site, my own materials are online at:

	http://www.cavebear.com/rw/senate-july-31-2003.htm

(There are other hearing related materials posted on my blog via

	http://www.cavebear.com/cbblog/

most particularly at http://www.cavebear.com/cbblog-archives/000046.html
and the three items that follow.)

One of the things that was not visible to those not physically present was
the set of putatively ex-ICANNites who were there.  I am becoming
increasinly concerned that ICANN has a shadow management that is still
deeply involved and still dictates ICANN staff decisions and attitudes.
This does not bode well for Paul Twomey's chance to break with ICANN's
past.

		--karl--