Re: Problem since [ga] list changed over...

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Problem since [ga] list changed over...
  • From: "L. Gallegos" <jandl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:41:19 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Personally, I think that anyone who does not eliminate subscriptions from
autoresponders should be removed from those subscribed lists.  I get so many of
them now on different lists that it just adds to my disk total disk usage and fills up my
box.  When it goes over the max free allowed, I'm charged for it.  Either that or the
space is used up and I cannot receive further mail or ftp files to websites.  Most ISPs
have quotas on disk space.  These "dumb" responders are uncalled for and are just
more spam.  People should use different addresses for mail lists than they do for the
ones that use autoresponders.  The same is true for challenge/response.  I now
block addresses that send c/r, along with other spam.  I guess I'll have block
addresses with autoresponders too when they come in from list members.  I'm tired
of paying for it one way or another.

Leah