Problem since [ga] list changed over...

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Problem since [ga] list changed over...
  • From: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:12:01 +0100
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I notice that since the 'changeover' I've started to receive automated
until...." etc. So far I've had seven of these kind of replies.

An example: "Unfortunately you didn't reach me. I'll be back in office on
August 8th, 2003. For issues re TCC's workgroup IPv6 please contact Mr.
Günter Sxxxxxx (+49.xxx.xxx.xxxx, xxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx ). Your mail has
not been forwarded.  Thank you :-)"

This never happened previously when I posted to the [ga] list.

I suggest that the interface for all [ga] postings to your mailing list
should be [ga]>[subscriber] so that these automated replies get sent to the
[ga] and not to each individual who posts to your mailing list. As a
subscriber, I do not need to get these messages about why someone is not in
the office when I've never met most of the subscribers on your mailing list.

Any suggestions?

yrs,

Richard Henderson