[ga] Recent hacked Yahoo Emails to the GA

  • To: "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann-board <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Recent hacked Yahoo Emails to the GA
  • From: Jeffrey Williams <jwkckid2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 15:55:04 -0700

All,

  Recently we have all unfortunately been exposed to potential harm or
privacy invasion as one of our fellow GA participants was either
unaware or not diligent enough in the use of his Yahoo Email account
and has been even more unfortunately had his Yahoo hacked.  This
person we all know so I will not mention his name in this post.

  There are several things as list participants we should all be
diligent about while participating.  I have made mention of some of
these on various occasions as have other IT security professionals
that have or had once been GA list forum members.  It's clear that at
least one of those either was not paying close enough attention, or
due to other interests neglected to do so.  As a result his Yahoo
account was hacked and such has now likely spread to other list
participants even if they are not aware of such.  So I have in the
interest of all and myself to take precautionary measures to hopefully
stem this hack from causing any more damage to others and myself to
the extent possible and made the relevant Government officials aware
of this incident.  Lets hope that they are diligent enough to inform
Yahoo support of the problem and take corrective action accordingly.

  For future reference here below are a few links that might help any
service based Email provider user, especially Yahoo users some insight
and means by which they can self protect.  I hope again that everyone
will take the time to self help themselves accordingly.
http://answers.ask.com/Computers/Other/how_to_hack_yahoo_email
http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-51151-someone-hacked-into-my-yahoo-account
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwgenlAvZg0
http://americantech247.com/yahoo/

  Thank you all for your kind and considerate cooperation and concern
in advance.

Kindest regards and god bless,
Jeffrey A. Williams
PH # 214-245-2647