Re: [ga] .REL gTLD and the fear of 'crackpotisim'

  • To: "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .REL gTLD and the fear of 'crackpotisim'
  • From: Jeffrey Williams <jwkckid2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 10:40:46 -0700

Matt and all,

  Thank you for your response Matt.  My response to your remarks are
interspersed
below same.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Matthew Pemble <matthew@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 29 April 2012 16:48, Jeffrey Williams <jwkckid2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> There are many opinions as to how such a definition of a
>> 'Crackpot' religious organization might be identified or otherwise
>> recognized prior to
>> approval of registration in a .REL gTLD name space
>

> The civilised world would generally consider a home address in the USA to
> be a very strong hint. Neither necessary nor sufficient but strongly
> correlated (and, even, causal.)

  Perhaps so.  As I do not know or have a consensus on such I really don't
know.
I would personally agree that not necessary is likely correct, but would
disagree
as to sufficient given the equality of free practice of ones
religion guaranteed in
our Constitution.

>> After all the Vatican has it's own ccTLD.
>

> Because the Vatican is, after all, a country. A small and rather dependant
> one but it has its own Head of State, it appoints ambassadors, it even has
> its own army.

  Yes the Vatican is a 'city state' and thereby recognized internationally
as such justifying it's
own ccTLD.  Still the Vatican is Catholic centric and as such does not
broadly support all
religions or denominations of same.

>>  Perhaps the Vatican is concerned about competition?
>

> Probably not in the domain name space.

  The pope has commented in this direction, although not very directly.

> Perhaps the UN fears to tread on this ground?
>>

> What on God's green earth has this got to do with the UN?

  I would have thought and do think the correlation is obvious.  But I see
from
your response I was sadly mistaken.  My apologies.   If the Vatican has it's
own ccTLD because it is a 'city state' ergo as such deserves such
accordingly,
than it has a name space advantage accordingly as a result, yet it is the
home/seat
of the traditional Catholic religion/denomination of Christian religions.
 Such seems
to be an unfair or unbalanced situation in respect to the DNS TLD name
space.  Ergo
if fairness, balance, and theological equality are to be somewhat restored
or otherwise
achieved, .REL as a new TLD would go some distance in this direction.  As
the UN
equality mandates require such and WIPO is stead fast in same, the
connection in
logic accordingly thus applies.

  BTW, Gods good earth is not all green!  But I caught the rhetorical.

God bless,

CISO
Phone: 214-245-2647