[ga] Is ICANN planning on respecting copyright laws in the new TLD program?

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Is ICANN planning on respecting copyright laws in the new TLD program?
  • From: "John Palmer" <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:42:53 -0500

There are many TLD holders out there in the Inclusive Namespace. TLDs are
considered b DMCA and
recent court cases to be copyrighted directory properties.

Will ICANN respect federal law or attempt to commit larceny by conversion by
stealing copyrighted TLD
directory properties and re-selling them to others.

ADNS, my company is preparing for litigation if they touch any of our
properties. The following TLDS belong
to ADNS and we will defend our copyrights in court if ICANN attempts to steal
any of them:

.AMERICA
.USA
.Z
.LION
.TIGER
.LEOPARD
.CHEETAH
.PUMA
.LYNX
.BOBCAT

Any party that applies for these TLDs from ICANN may also be subject to legal
action as well as ADNS defends its property
rights. We created and have operated these TLDs for many years, some of them since 1995 and are actually listed in the book "Ruling the Roots" by Milton Mueller

I suspect that many other TLD holders will also turn to the courts to defend
their rights as well.

I haven't seen any discussion regarding this matter