Re: [ga] RE: GA irrelevant

  • To: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, roberto@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: GA irrelevant
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 15:41:41 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Sotiris and all,

  If I recall correctly Roberto already long ago answered the
question you pose.  I believe the answer was no essentially, but
if I am mistaken I am sure Roberto will correct me accordingly.

  If the GA wishes to morph itself into a registrants constituency
of some sort, a voting mechnisim developed by GA members themselves
and at GA members expense will likely be necessary and advisable.
Perhaps considering purchasing Joops 'Voting booth' or a unrestricted
license to use it would be a preferrable option.  There is also
many other such online voting applications some with multilingual
capability such as see:
http://www.bigpulse.com/elections?gclid=CKaVzNz7z6ECFQ1X2godNnE_Lw
Approval of the GNSO/ICANN will of such a voting mechnisim of course
will be the GNSO's/ICANN's decision and perogative if indeed the
GA is to become a ICANN constituency of whatever sort.  But quite
frankly and from my own knowledge and perspective there are already
several quasi-registrants constituencies outside of the GNSO/ICANN,
some of which have had links to posted on this forum and a number
of other fora.

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 294k members/stakeholders and growing,
strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx