[ga] Business to Government Event

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Business to Government Event
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 16:03:37 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

All,

  This might be a good event to attend.  Just an FYI...

Sent on behalf of the NVTC Business to Government Committee

http://www.nvtc.org/events/geteventinfo.php?event=B2G-33
What’s the Buzz in the Critical Infrastructure Protection, CyberSecurity and
Resiliency Planning Space?
May 18, 2010
* This event is closed to the media.
A highly distinguished panel of experts will explore and discuss the government
requirements for Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), Cyber Security and
Resiliency Planning. This forum will help educate you about government CIP and
CyberSecurity initiatives, responsibilities, public private partnerships, and
where the opportunities lie for private sector companies to support federal,
state and local governments in mitigating their risk by planning for All
Hazards events.

Critical infrastructure is the foundation of what enables our society to
function every day, yet few understand the dependencies and interdependencies
of CIP. Critical infrastructures are the complex and highly interdependent
systems, networks, and assets that provide the services essential for our
economy to function. Over 85 percent of the Nation’s critical infrastructure is
owned by the private sector, and with no single overarching body managing this
infrastructure, the task of protecting critical infrastructure is daunting. In
the past we’ve focused our protective programs on natural and man-made
disasters, we now confront asymmetrical terrorist and cyber threats, and the
challenge is greater than ever.

Governments must rely on private sector coordination, support and ingenuity to
partner and provide solutions to combat these “All Hazards” threats.

We have assembled a highly distinguished panel of experts to explore the CIP,
CyberSecurity, & Resiliency Planning issues, policies and market opportunities:

· Ely Kahn, Director of Cybersecurity Policy at National Security Staff,
Executive Office of the President
· Colonel Bob Stephan, Manager Director, Dutko Global Risk Management and
former DHS Assistant Secretary of CIP
· Phyllis Schneck, Ph. D., Vice President, Threat Intelligence, Americas,
McAfee Inc.