Re: [ga] Re: Resolving .gov w/dnssec

  • To: cet1@xxxxxxxxx, "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx >> GA" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: Resolving .gov w/dnssec
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:15:33 -0700 (PDT)

Fair trade is necessary trade. Unnecessary tradeoffs are lame. These problems
are not necessary -- except that they are within the given framework of lack of
motivation to do better.  It comes down to this, if we set our standards
outside of competitive models there is no incentive to do better.  ICANN, the
Dnssec and this SAIC are working within government sanctioned slobbery,
both intellectual and economic slobbery.  I used to think it was snobbery, now
I know it is a laziness born of shovel leaning bureaucrats. You may be kind and
call it "make work" but would you call intentional fraud "make work"? Buggy
whips and Railroad fireman is what this is.

The plan I am putting together for the inculsives will generate some new fire
under the pants of these obstructionists and they will find that a better
mousetrap can be built.