Re: [ga] Re: [ PRIVACY Forum ] ISP Accused of "Hijacking" Google Search Queries and Subscribers' DNS

  • To: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: [ PRIVACY Forum ] ISP Accused of "Hijacking" Google Search Queries and Subscribers' DNS
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:33:30 -0400

I got a confirmation yesterday the "I" root in Beijing is still down. I'm
not surprised ISP's are hijacking the DNS. The DNS jack in the box went bang
when google made a show of their public DNS. DNS is sexy. Expect many more
MitM attacks. Now that countries know how to hijack network traffic to a
root - thanks to the China incident - anything is possible.

There are solutions - but no one in a position of authority is paying
attention to the obvious .. so why bother explaining yet again ... I sound
like a broken record ....

and I agree with you i.e. Lauren. He digs up good stuff.

cheers
joe baptista

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Jeffrey A. Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
Joe Baptista

www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium
The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive, Representative &
Accountable to the Internet community @large.
 Office: +1 (360) 526-6077 (extension 052)
    Fax: +1 (509) 479-0084

Personal: http://baptista.cynikal.net/