RE: [ga] Re: Update

  • To: Dominik Filipp <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Re: Update
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:50:30 -0800 (PST)

Danny,

I have only been hanging around board members and board rooms for about 3
decades now so I am kinda new at this;-)  Generally speaking (and feel free to
correct me) lobbyist type folk involved in persuading board members have a feel
for how the differing members may be inclined to vote or comment on a subject.*

Does't anyone run "book" on these folks so that incliners may be approached and
tit for tat exchanged in support of positions.  This is not dirty or unclean or
illegal, it is how business is done.  Clearly Tim has book on the members and
so must Gomes.  How the hell else could they do their job?  It is the backroom
and non-openness and transparency that causes filth to remain uncleaned not
knowledge of another's position.

Eric

* In the nineties I worked as "counsel" for a president of a community hospital
board.  My sole job description was to encapsulate and report on BofD members'
positions on issues.
My boss used the information routinely to make things move along. (She was
quite good at it after raising us six kids and keeping the peace at home)