[ga] In reply to ... from the desk of joe baptista

  • To: "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx >> GA" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] In reply to ... from the desk of joe baptista
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 00:02:42 -0500

http://bit.ly/7QjfUq

Folks - ICANN once claimed it was a monopoly. Today we know it is a
bureaucracy pretending to be legitimate. It has been called something short
of a scam but I think it is the biggest intellectual property swindle in
Internet and financial history against the American people ... but I digress
from my point and I don't have the space here for a detailed examination of
that. Call - leave a number - I'll get back to you +14169126551

Your article above briefly mentions security but fails to review DNSSEC
which ICANN is planning to introduce as a security measure. In fact as per
my submission to the DOC - DNSSEC is an enslavement and entrapment protocol
that centralizes the functional core of the DNS to only ICANN approved
domains. This gives ICANN the sole power to control the DNS and become a
true monopoly which see http://bit.ly/EzoYt

There are also serious technical issues concerning DNSSEC. DNSSEC suicide is
one such disaster that can happen to a domain owner or registry operator.
You domains in effect disappear. Thats not security - that instability.

The DNS was designed to have no centralized control. If there was failure at
any core - you could always switch servers. DNSSEC reverse engineers the
protocol to a centralized database function controlled by very few people.

There are also better replacements to DNSSEC that properly address security
issues - but ICANN refuses to acknowledge them. - which see
http://bit.ly/7wUJxN

regards
joe baptista