[ga] DARPA wants military to replace TCP/IP with new "Military Network Protocol"

  • To: "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx >> GA" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] DARPA wants military to replace TCP/IP with new "Military Network Protocol"
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:10:50 -0400

The famous Pentagon crazy-ideas bureau, DARPA, wants to reinvent the
internet and make it more suitable for military use. Lockheed which won the
$31m contract will be partnered with Anagran, Juniper Networks, LGS
Innovations, Stanford University and - of course - Microsoft. The main
thrust of the effort will be to develop a new Military Network Protocol,
which will differ from old TCP/IP in that it will offer "improved security,
dynamic bandwidth allocation, and policy-based prioritization levels at the
individual and unit level". Sounds a bit like IPv6 to me.

DARPA claims 'This time it will actually be for the military, promise'. We
all know what happened last time DARPA tried this. We got the Internet. And
the hot patato called ICANN.

Read more ... http://bit.ly/4BGiP2

Regards
Joe Baptista