Re: [ga] .xxx IRP documents posted

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .xxx IRP documents posted
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:17:43 -0700 (PDT)

And ICM thinks they are going to prevail.  Yikes!!  When the parties leading
expert resorts to preaching and pontithicating and repeatedly using the word
"should" and does not render any credentials regarding arbitration, judicial
mediation or experience in conflict resolution that would signal to most a very
weak case. But most important is the total lack of presentation regarding
arbitrary and capricious denial.  In fact it would appear ICM supplied the IRP
with good reason for ICANN's decision.

I am not pleased at all with the conduct of either party -- but I know a weak
legal and negotiating hand when I see it.  Some might argue that the reason
ICANN can do what they do, is that no one seems really motivated to put
together a good legal team against them.  It would appear that the same puffer
fish that hold the IP bar together had a hand in this failure.