[ga] Attacks on participants of GA

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Attacks on participants of GA
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 23:23:19 -0700 (PDT)

Avri, Chuck, George, Kent and Danny,

Your recent attacks on the charactar of the individuals who participate in the
GA is not appropriate. You have all been in positions where you could have
helped form the necessary systems and tools asked for by the GA.  You all chose
to do nothing.  Now you criticize and belittle those who have participated.
Try this on for thought;

Pharaoh – Hebrews – Moses, SA – Blacks – Mandela, US - Slaves – Lincoln,
Mexico – Natives – Juarez, Papal Nuncio – servitude – Luther, French Indochina
– colonialism – Ho Chi Minh, Poland – dictatorship – Walensa, US – Native
Americans – Means.

Not popular causes. Not popular leaders. Denounced. Rejected. Slandered.
Maligned.

Governance apparatus that recognized rights.  Spoke in platitudes.  Denied the
unrepresented the tools to self organize. Placed restrictions on the right to
vote and participate. Required pedigrees and ownership in order to vote.
Considered one man less than another because of social status. Used necessity
as a justification.  Degraded the intellectualism of the opposition.  Banned
and prohibited speech.

I am not saying the cause here is as just or as important.  I certainly do not
suggest that the actors are as great. But I do say that the technique of social
stigmata and political personal assassinations is the same.  That the legalism
as an excuse is the same.  That hiding behind failure to act is the same.  That
intentionally denying access to voting is exactly the same.  Refusal of those
in power to give way to democratic principals are the same.  That the attack on
freedom of speech is the same.  That the denial and responsibility shifting is
the same.  NGOs and Government together assault the speakers.

I am just saying ……..