[ga] 2. At-large director appointment - when and how

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] 2. At-large director appointment - when and how
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:49:36 -0700 (PDT)

We need to act on this quickly.  Rather than asking for volunteers or
participation,,,,,

Please send in information by way of links, history and email addresses for
important people, places, and knowledge.

Dates and times and locations (net and physical) of interesting ocurrences.

There should not be an appointment.  We neither should elect scientists nor
appoint governors.  But assuming, the backassword process that we now kind of
have, the appointment should be by a short list from all recognized ALAC groups
and then those groups leaders should select the proper person.  Maybe by
"consensus"