Re: [ga] DC hearing on new TLDs at 10 am today (September 23rd)

  • Subject: Re: [ga] DC hearing on new TLDs at 10 am today (September 23rd)
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:00:48 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Kim and all,

  To answer your question Kim, yes there is.  That being several models that
have now long ago been articulated one of which is open registration of TLD's
on a first come, first serve basis with no fee's associated from ICANN for the
submissions.  After all ICANN is "Supposed" to be a 501 (c3) right?  Why would
it need fees for such activity if it is a public benifit corporation that is
tax exempt
and a non-profit?  Could it be that the public are not forthcoming with
donations
because of ICANN's long standing lack of consideration of public input?  Me
thinks
this is at least one of many reasons.