Re: [ga] Re: GNSO and the GA. Kent Crispin controlled

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: GNSO and the GA. Kent Crispin controlled
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 15:29:20 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

<HEAD>
<STYLE>body{font-family:
Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:
#ffffff;color: black;}p{margin:0px}</STYLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16825" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=compText>
<P>Eric and all,</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; For what it's worthm I do not find your performance as GA chair
"Horrible", yet it has also not been</P>
<P>perfict either.&nbsp; However whom among us is perfict is all things we do
or have done.&nbsp; As the good</P>
<P>book says, let he whom is without sin cast the first stone.<BR><BR><BR></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff
2px solid">-----Original Message----- <BR>From: Hugh Dierker
<HDIERKER2204@xxxxxxxxx><BR>Sent: Sep 12, 2009 2:35 PM <BR>To: General Assembly
of the DNSO <GA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Avri Doria <AVRI@xxxxxxx><BR>Cc: Suzanne Sene
<SSENE@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, rod_beckstrom@xxxxxxxxx, Kimberly.Peretti@xxxxxxxxx
<BR>Subject: Re: [ga] Re: GNSO and the GA. Kent Crispin controlled <BR><BR>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>
<DIV id=yiv967438292>
<DIV>Good,&nbsp; My like and respect of you has been often stated. I confirm
that here.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My concern here is the clear chain of command for the administration and
maintanance of the GA list.&nbsp; Here are the things that clearly deserved
that attention: *</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1. Providing (international standard) polling and voting mechanisms.</DIV>
<DIV>2. Kent Crispins' monitoring and censoring, and interference.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>3. A look at the resolution establishing the current rules of the GA,
makes clear you chose to not be involved. Wrong or Right -- not an issue,, but
inaction as opposed to action choices is clear.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am clearly, horrible as the situation may be, the acting chair. The
problems which caused this are all listed above, as 1,2,3.&nbsp; You have maybe
done absolutely no wrong regarding your duties as outlined in ICANN core
documents, regarding the GA. But you have taken no steps or actions to comply
with your responsibilites either.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>That is why I am very confident that the facts prove my assertions.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Avri, please keep in mind that I am not making a value judgment here.
Perhaps your choice of inaction will prove the right choice. Sometimes it is
better to allow factions to war, in order to see which principles and
principals survive. But Crispins' conduct is not within an allowable acceptable
norm. And your failure to enforce and uphold the below is .........</DIV>
<DIV>Please note with interest the word "Responsibility"</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>*XX5.9 Upon the adoption of this Transition Article, and until further
action by the ICANN Board, the GNSO Council shall assume responsibility for the
DNSO General Assembly e-mail announcement and discussion lists. </DIV>
<DIV><A
href="http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm#XX";>http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm#XX</A><BR><BR>---
 On <B>Sat, 9/12/09, Avri Doria <I>&lt;avri@xxxxxxx&gt;</I></B> wrote:<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT:
rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid"><BR>From: Avri Doria &lt;avri@xxxxxxx&gt;<BR>Subject:
Re: [ga] Re: GNSO and the GA. Kent Crispin controlled<BR>To: "General Assembly
of the DNSO" &lt;ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR>Cc: "Suzanne Sene"
&lt;ssene@xxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;, rod_beckstrom@xxxxxxxxx,
Kimberly.Peretti@xxxxxxxxx<BR>Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009, 10:22
AM<BR><BR>
<DIV class=plainMail><BR><BR><BR>On 9/12/09, Hugh Dierker &lt;<A
href="http://us.mc529.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx";
target=_blank rel=nofollow>hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx</A>&gt; wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;
Avri believes in the theory that if you do absolutely nothing then you are
absolutely not accountable.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Really?<BR>I did not think that
was what i believed.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Or even what I believe I have said I
believed on various occasions in various venues.<BR>I.e. iI do not acquiesce to
what I consider your mischaracterization.<BR><BR>And while i said i made no
decision to ban anyone from this list.<BR>I never said i did nothing.<BR>Nor
have I ever argued against my accountability for the actions I take.&nbsp; Or
the inaction.<BR><BR>As long as I am GNSO Council chair, I will continue to
take the actions that I believe are consistent with my role as constrained by
the Bylaws and the decisions of the GNSO Council.<BR><BR>Once I am not longer
GNSO Council chair, in just a few weeks now, I will feel free to say what I
please and act as I please within the constraints of the rules of this
list.<BR><BR>a.<BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR>
<P>Regards,<BR><BR>Jeffrey A. Williams<BR>Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over
294k members/stakeholders strong!)<BR>"Obedience of the law is the greatest
freedom" -<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Abraham Lincoln<BR><BR>"Credit should go with the
performance of duty and not with what is very<BR>often the accident of glory" -
Theodore Roosevelt<BR><BR>"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and
the burden, B; liability<BR>depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied
by<BR>P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."<BR>United States v. Carroll
Towing&nbsp; (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir.
 1/26/04<BR>CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS.
div. of<BR>Information Network Eng.&nbsp; INEG. INC.<BR>ABA member in good
standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>Phone:
214-244-4827<BR></P></ZZZBODY></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY>