RE: [ga] Question to ICANN Staff

  • To: "'Joop Teernstra'" <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Danny Younger'" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Hugh Dierker'" <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Question to ICANN Staff
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 22:33:43 +0200

Joop,

> I do not think it is fair to call public questions to the
> staff spamming.
> They read the GA list.

The fact that some staff or Board read the GA list, is their own choice, and
does not make it by this the institutional place where you ask questions to
them. There are other mechanisms and addresses.

> Further comments or speculation by other GA listers is extra.

You are, in my opinion, completely wrong.
The GA list is a public discussion list, not at all the place where you
addreess questions to ICANN staff or Board. So it is the "Further comments
or speculation by other GA listers" that are the reason, if any still
exists, for keeping the list alive.

> The idea is that the staff give public answers.

Indeed. Whan asking through the proper channels. And the GA is not one of
these.

Cheers,
Roberto