Re: [ga] Question to ICANN Staff

  • To: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Question to ICANN Staff
  • From: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:52:02 -0700

On 07/16/2009 11:24 AM, Michele Neylon :: Blacknight wrote:
Danny

Maybe Maxim weren't depositing the data?

Maybe the data wasn't readable.

I don't know whether ICANN tests the recoverability of the escrowed data.

(Such tests would probably be made using a perfect set of data files. A better test is to assume that 10% [randomly selected] of the backup files are corrupted in some way and then to see if recovery is possible.)

Errors do creep in. For example, I just found that one of my machines has an ethernet interface that has a flakey TCP checksum offload engine that accepts bad bad TCP segments. This had the effect of damaging the integrity of one of my file stores.)

                --karl--