RE: [ga] VeriSign to offer 2-factor security and better registry lock

  • Subject: RE: [ga] VeriSign to offer 2-factor security and better registry lock
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 06:43:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Michele,

Yes, it requires a contract modification for any new registry services. As
noted at:

http://www.icann.org/en/registries/rsep/

there is a public comments archive:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/registryservice/

if you send email to registryservice@xxxxxxxxx but no evidence exists that
ICANN ever reads them. Sometimes they'll open up a separate public comment
period after they rubberstamp the proposal, so one would have to watch the
announcements for that.

Given .com is involved, the DOC/NTIA would also need to approve any changes, I
believe. Maybe the USDOJ antitrust division will finally decide to put
VeriSign's feet to the fire.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.leap.com/