Re: [ga] Most Popular Invalid TLDs Should Be Reserved

  • Subject: Re: [ga] Most Popular Invalid TLDs Should Be Reserved
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:10:13 -0700 (PDT)

Just to followup, if one looks at stats for the K-root server, operated by RIPE:

http://k.root-servers.org/statistics/LOCAL/tlds.html

.local is more popular than .org, and .home is more popular than .de, .pl, .it,
.uk and other large ccTLDs. .lan is more popular than .ca or .jp, and .wpad is
more popular than .dk.

That's a huge amount of traffic, more than .cm (which doesn't make the top
lists). The need to take preemptive action is evident.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.leap.com/