Re: [ga] Cross Posting

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Cross Posting
  • From: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:20:32 +0100

On 22 Apr 2009, at 22:41, Hugh Dierker wrote:

I tried to review where this concept of prohibiting cross posting came from. I could not find the open debate regarding same. In reviewing with some other long timers here it really seems like the tail on most humans. (although I note some cultures use the tail in metaphor like Americans use the shadow -- My Viet wife says I am her tail ???)

Let it be known I have no intention of enforcing compliance regarding any restrictions on cross posting until someone has a good reason otherwise. I note that here it always gets thrown in as a pile on complaint that no one has ever heard or seen.

Cross posting is not acceptable on most mailing lists.

The only people who seem to cross post on ICANN mailing lists are the ones who keep getting themselves suspended from the various lists for being disruptive or downright aggressive and rude

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Hosting & Colocation, Brand Protection
http://www.blacknight.com/