[ga] Twomey Twomey bye bye, VeriSign ICANN: be afraid, competitive procurement might be coming

  • To: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Twomey Twomey bye bye, VeriSign ICANN: be afraid, competitive procurement might be coming
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 00:51:25 -0500

Twomey Twomey bye bye, soon ICANN's gonna cry.

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Jeffrey A. Williams
<jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  Yes, and this is a good thing as well as perhaps being one of the
> reasons Mr.Twomey has as of 03/02/09 announced his resignation
> as CEO of ICANN.

I was wondering when someone would mention that in the public forum.  Being
someone who knows all the parties involved - more or less - it looks like
the BWG insiders have won control of the executive day to day function.
Thats what Twomeys parting words said to me.  It's either go or be sacked.

Now mind you I think Twomey did an excellent job at ICANN.  Lot's of
activity but no real movement on anything.  Twomey, in the finest traditions
of a civil servant from the British stled civil service government run by
decedents of former prisoners, Australia, has turned ICANN into a
bureaucracy of enormous proportions.  If what you want is a root bureaucracy
then ICANN is at the top of the heap in that department.

Incidentally - I don't.

But his leaving is a strong indicator the BWG sisterhood is getting it's
teeth into ICANN.  The Obama victory was the death knell to ICANN Twomey
robots.

Whoever becomes president is in serious trouble.  He will have to hit the
floor running into the political and diplomatic nightmare that is ICANN.

ICANN the bureaucratic nightmare Twomey built has left him battered, battle
weary and impotent. He's been under a lot of stress. You can hear it in his
voice when he announced his resignation at the meeting.  Brought tears of
joy and much laughter to yours truly.  The announcement almost sounded like
a resigned apology and the admitting of failure.

Whoever inherits this bomb has to be careful.

I hope the next president is well informed of the issues.  Now that ICANN is
a bureaucracy the next president may be deceived.  But if he's bright and
has a good understanding of the history here, then he'll be ok.

If they end up replacing Twomey with an idiot, i.e. bright executive - with
no understanding of the history or technical issues - then i'll expect the
next CEO will make a good scpe goat for the upcoming ICANN follies.

regards
joe baptista

Of course as ICANN's costs due largely to

--
Joe Baptista
www.publicroot.org