[ga] [Fwd: Re: [ PRIVACY Forum ] New Low! Network Solutions Now Selling Ads on WHOIS]

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] [Fwd: Re: [ PRIVACY Forum ] New Low! Network Solutions Now Selling Ads on WHOIS]
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 21:22:06 -0800

All,

  As an FYI.  Enjoy!  >:)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [ PRIVACY Forum ] New Low! Network Solutions Now Selling
Ads on WHOIS
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 21:21:22 -0800
From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Weinstein <lauren@xxxxxxxxxx>
CC: privacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx,"Nevett, Jonathon"
<jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lauren and all,

  Never underestimate the innovative sprit!  NSOL will do whatever
it believes it should to improve it's profit margins.  Whois not
withstanding.
NSOL runs it's own Whois, and if it chooses to use it for advertising
and promotion for a  bit of potential revenue, certainly it can and has.
I think long term it's bad business on appearances reasons alone, but
seems that NSOL could care less about image as it compairs to $$...