[ga] The Disappearing Public Forum

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] The Disappearing Public Forum
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 15:55:50 -0800 (PST)

The Mexico schedule has been published --
http://mex.icann.org/files/meetings/mexico2009/ICANN34-MEX09-released6Feb09.pdf

Total time devoted to the public forum : 2 1/2 hours
Out of that time, likely 2 hours and twenty minutes will be swallowed up by
hearing complaints from new gTLD applicants.

I remember when Public Forums were three hours long on one day, followed by
another hour long session the next day.

I guess it doesn't matter how many letters are sent by the ALAC and GNSO
Council on the topic of sufficient face time with the Board... nobody's
listening.