Re: [ga] Help Build The New GNSO

  • To: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>, gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Help Build The New GNSO
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 19:04:35 -0800

Glen, GNSO secretariat and all,

  Please include me in this WG on any team.

  Address: P.O. Box 1843 Frisco Texas, 75034-0031
  Email address: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone #: 2140244-4827
Affiliation: As spokesman for INEGroup and stakeholder
Interest: Professional
Time zone: Central Time Zone

All Ga'ers,

  I am releitively sure I will not be excepted, but lets see if the GNSO
and ICANN is serious.

Glen de Saint Géry wrote:

> [To: council[at]gnso.icann.org; liaison6c[at]gnso.icann.org]
> [To: ga[at]gnso.icann.org; announce[at]gnso.icann.org]
> [To: regional-liaisons[at]icann.org]
>
> http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-09jan09-en.htm
> Help Build The New GNSO
>
> Volunteers Are Now Being Accepted To Join Work Teams That Will Develop GNSO
> Improvement Implementation Plans

> The GNSO is creating five new Work Teams to be the incubators through which
> implementation plans for ICANN Board approved GNSO improvement
> recommendations can be developed and proposed by members of the ICANN
> community. Each Work Team will be made up of community volunteers who have
> interest in and expertise in one of five main focus areas:
>
> Constituency/Stakeholder Group Operations
> GNSO Operations
> New Working Group Model.
> New GNSO Policy Development Process (PDP)
> Community Communications and Coordination
> We encourage you to participate in one of the Work Teams.
>
> If you do have an interest in participating, please send a message to
> gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxx indicating which Work Team you want to join.
> Please include in the message your name, affiliation (constituency or
> individual), company/organization, position/title, email address, time zone,
> telephone numbers, and describe your specific interest (professional and/or
> personal) in joining the team. All personal information will be kept
> confidential.
>
> The Work Teams are open to all interested volunteers. Work Team meeting times
> will probably overlap, so please consider joining only one Work Team.
>
> Background information and the scope of each newly chartered team are
> summarized below.
>
> Background Information
>
> The ICANN Board announced sweeping recommendations for improving the GNSO
> last June at their meeting in Paris. The implementation work of the GNSO
> Improvements effort is underway and there are many exciting opportunities
> available for ICANN community input and support to help achieve the goals and
> objectives adopted by the Board. The effort is progressing on four parallel
> tracks:
>
> The GNSO Council is working to develop the transition to a newly structured
> GNSO Council by June 2009.
> Existing GNSO constituencies are preparing to submit their re-confirmations
> to the ICANN Board.
> New Stakeholder Groups are developing petitions and charters for ICANN Board
> recognition, and
> The GNSO is creating five special Work Teams to develop specific proposals,
> processes and mechanisms for implementing the ICANN Board's Recommendations.
> All four areas require significant investments of time and brainpower from
> members of the ICANN community, but the Work Team efforts, in particular,
> need an infusion of enthusiasm, passion, expertise and fresh ideas from the
> entire community to move the implementation forward.

> [...]

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827