[ga] Re: [At-Large] internationalization of email addresses

  • To: At-Large Worldwide <at-large@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [At-Large] internationalization of email addresses
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 17:22:16 -0700

Thomas and all,

  I fully agree.  *Experimental* RFC's are not standards, nor
on a standards track, and should not be consider as such yet.

  I for one, don't necessarly look forward to any implimentations
of this RFC by any organization as it gives miscrients additional
avenues by which to ply their disgusting, disruptive, and sometimes
illegal activities.  I can just see the .RU and .CN domain name
holders with ganges of Cybercriminals smiling a huge smile as they
read this *Experimental* RFC and are hurring to devise ways to
exploit it's use for their errant means.

  I also feel sorry to a degree that LEA's will be deluged with
complaints from these Internationalize Email addresses and perhaps,
if not likely their associated IDN gTLD's by which such Email addresses
will be derived from.  I am fairly sure that DHS, the FBI, and the
Secret Service in my country are not adaquately prepaired for this
soon to be happening deluge.  >:(