[ga] Dubai Court Gives Man Three Months in Jail for Breaching UN Employee's eMail Account

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Sen. Cronyn" <SenateWebmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Dubai Court Gives Man Three Months in Jail for Breaching UN Employee's eMail Account
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 18:22:55 -0700

All,

  Perhaps the upcoming Cairo meeting should be moved?

See:
September 1, 2008)
A Dubai court has sentenced a man who worked as a secretary for a United

Nations employee to three months in jail for accessing a UN employee's
email account, stealing her credit card information and sending her
threatening messages from another of her email accounts he broke into.
The man, who is Egyptian, will be deported once he completes his
sentence.
http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Police_and_The_Courts/10241859.html

As a side note:  I really wish my countries DOJ and affiliated state
organizations were as concerned as it appears the Dubai court was
here.  Perhaps their jurisprudence has eclipsed my own countries?
I hope not...  But certainly it seems in this case, they have.  >:(  As
a victim of IDtheft myself, I can at least personally attest to that
fact,
sad on several levels, to say...  >:(

Semper fi,

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx