[ga] Re: [At-Large] KnuJohn: Phantom Registrars, Fake Pharmacies,and the Secret Infrastructure

  • To: At-Large Worldwide <at-large@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Derek Smythe <derek@xxxxxxxxx>, DHS Julie Myers <Julie.myers@xxxxxxx>, Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [At-Large] KnuJohn: Phantom Registrars, Fake Pharmacies,and the Secret Infrastructure
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 02:24:24 -0700

Derek and all,

  Thanks for pointing this out.  Buuuut, this is really not all that
new or actually news.  ICANN's registrars and a few Registries
have been involved in these sorts of activities sense as early
and 2000.  I reported many of these to the FBI, DOJ in one
James Tierney, as well as the FTC, to seemingly to me of
little or no avail.  Sense that time, these sorts of errant activities
have indeed grown worse as KnuJohn rightly and in great detail,
points out nicely.  But of course the DOJ is busy running down
Russian cyber crime gangs, a daunting task no doubt.  Seems to
me though that what is right here in the USA from these fake
registries and registrars accredited to ICANN would be a priority.
I can only wonder why they are seemingly not???

  But to conclude, do you really think that LEA's are going to
go after these menaces?  I hope so in my lifetime, but I
sadly admit, I doubt it...  After all ICANN needs the money,
right?  And so far, they are getting it no matter what the ligitimacy
of the source, eh?  < sarcasim intended >