[ga] EFF Warns That Email Privacy Is In Jeopardy

  • To: bankston@xxxxxxx, marcia@xxxxxxx, mattz@xxxxxxx, Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, IPC <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Anthony D. Romero, ACLU" <Executive_Director@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] EFF Warns That Email Privacy Is In Jeopardy
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 00:30:14 -0700

All,

  Well yet again one of the IPC's favorite sons, the MPAA this time,
has seen fit to be snoops and desires to snoop on your email via
government assistance.  But EFF is hopefully coming to the rescue.
Good for them!  Perhaps they should also get the assistance of
the ACLU's Atty.'s as well.

  Is there any doubt that the MPAA like its twin the RIAA and
their other Intellectual property paranoists need to be revoked from
the IPC?  No doubt in my and our members minds.

  I wonder if there is some way I can Enjoin this action?  I do
have a pending case!  If so, I hope one of the EFF Atty's will
contact me by phone or via Email.

See:
 http://www.hothardware.com/ According to the
Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), a
http://www.hothardware.com/News/Electronic_Privacy_in_Jeopardy/
dangerous legal precedent has just been set that can potentially
unravel existing federal privacy protections for e-mail and Internet
usage. The  http://www.eff.org/press/archives/2008/08/05 alert from
the EFF is not just to sound a general warning, but it also takes the
form of an Amicus curiae (friend of the court) brief, filed with the
federal 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals, asking for the court's legal
finding to be overturned... The findings of this case could become the
foundation of a legal precedent upon which other similar cases can
subsequently be based.  If that were to be the case, then the
unauthorized retrieving of e-mails from an e-mail server would not be
considered a violation of the federal Wiretap Act, which will then open
the door for government-sponsored snooping.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827