Re: [ga] Notice: Another DNS security hole recognized

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Notice: Another DNS security hole recognized
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:18:49 -0700

Dr. Joe and all,

  Thanks for your input and opinion.  Most of it I fully agree with.
Indeed true that this problem isn't DNS itself, but how NAT is
using randomizing port use.

  I also to a degree that DNSSEC can be a problem and if not
fully implimented properly, can, and likely will be a significant
maintanance as well as administration problem.  But that is not
a DNSSEC problem unto itself.  I've done several DNSSEC
implimentations that have low or no maint problems.