Re: [ga] domain tasting comments

  • To: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] domain tasting comments
  • From: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 23:58:02 -0700

Nevett, Jonathon wrote:
Karl:

The factual problem with your theory is that there is no requirement in
the RAA for registrars to provide registrants with a 5 day grace period.
Therefore, there is no such requirement for registrars to breach or for
ICANN to enforce.

?? I'm confused. I looked at the contracts, but it's been a year or two, and saw not one but several grace periods. There was, of course, redemption grace. But I also read an 5 day initial registration grace (the one we usually talk about as AGP), a 5-day renewal grace, and a couple of other 5 day graces. (The Greeks seemed to get by with only 3 graces, ICANN seems to have had more.)

Has the contractual language been changed to eliminate that contractual language that was once there?

                --karl--