Re: [ga] John Baxter says the INS is here. Indeed it is.

  • To: <chris@xxxxxx>, "Thomas Baxter" <baxtertms@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] John Baxter says the INS is here. Indeed it is.
  • From: "John Palmer" <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:33:45 -0500

Let me address this Thomas Baxter issue:

Tom came to me several months ago and asked if I knew anything about
the TLDA and if I could help him get his TLD into the root networks. I told
him all that I knew about the TLDA and its good and bad  (mostly due to
Joe Baptista) points.

About the same time that he contacted me, I was thinking about setting up
a "backstop" root network because I realized that the INS only had one real
root running, that is public-root.com (see Joe, I remembered the dash this
time).

I agreed to host his TLDs for the time being, so that he would qualify for
membership in the TLDA, but that he would have to sign a registry agreement
with AWI and become and INRS registry if he wanted to populate his TLD
with more than just the bare-bones SOA and NS records.  Since then, he
has decided not to join the TLDA, but I will still host his TLDs for the time
being.

I've also set up worldroot.net and have populated it with the latest zone file
from public-root. This root is intended as a backstop in case something
happens to the public-root itself. I don't intent on editing the zone file
unless there are name server errors. If anyone sees errors, please let me
know by using the webform at worldroot.net.

This root is not compliant with the RFC's regarding root operations. Compliance
costs too much money and I've already spent all that I'm going to out of my
pocket over the last 10 years in this endeavour.

If someone wants it to be compliant, poney up the cash to host it in secure
data centers and do all of the other things required by the RFCs. Till then,
it is what it is.

If and when the TLDA gets the Taproot done, I'll be glad to substitute that
for the current zone file. I have no interest in spending time ruling on the
validity of TLDs within the root zone.

Regarding Joe's comments about Tom and I:

Apparently, Joe decided that we must be one  in the same person. We are not.
I have visted Tom when I was in his area (Allentown) on client business. He
runs a little computer repair shop out of the living room of his row house on
Tilghman St. to make ends meet..

He volunteers at the local school (Trexler Middle School on 15th St), teaching
computer skills to
kids and adults alike. He is kind of hard to understand sometimes with his
thick Slavic accent (he grew up in the Czeck Republic) but he is a good person,
volunteering in a community that needs alot of help (Allentown's economy has
been depressed for years after the steel mills closed).

He is very much real - sorry Joe, your paranoia is relegated to the tin-foil
hat zone.
(as is much of everything else you say).

My Relationship with Herman Xennt:

I agreed to host a root server in the public-root several years ago, before
Joe's
destructive path across Europe.

I have not received any monies from Herman, INIAC or any other groups associated
with them. I have paid them nothing. I have no formal agreement with them.

I have never met Herman nor anyone else associated with Public-root, INAIC or
any
affiliated organizations.

I have never spoken to Herman on the phone nor anyone else associated with
Public-root,
INAIC or any other affiliated organization.

I have received 6 email's from Herman Xennt since 2005, mostly regarding
operational
issues regarding the public-root, since I do run the G root on that network.

Bottom line: I have no relationship, financial or otherwise with Xennt, INAIC
or other
affiliated organizations other that that I run the G root.

Get over it, Joe.

Now on to Joe's "Expertise":

You need to be careful about what information Joe gives you. You have to
understand
that Joe destroyed the best (and probably last) good chance that the Inclusive
TLD
industry had when we he went off the deep end in 2005 regarding some perceived
wrong-doings that had taken place with public-root.com (Sorry Joe, we all make
type-o's,
thats not a capital offense).

Joe managed to single-handedly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and in
the end
cost many TLD operators, some of whom (like myself) have been investing in our
registry businesses for 10 years, hundreds of thousands of dollars and dashing
the hopes
of others who are trying to make ends meet.

People like Leah Gallegos whose business product (.BIZ) was stolen from her by
ICANN
and now has to take another blow when her other TLD properties were rendered
effectivly
worthless by Joe's actions in Europe in 2005.

In early 2007, Joe decided to attempt to mis-use the TLDA name for his own
twisted purposes.
The TLDA had been dormant for several years and I was stuck with maintianing
the infrastructure
(paying for the domains, hosting the nearly-empty e-mail lists), etc. I was the
last elected
Board Chairperson, and so I moved to protect the TLDA reputation from Joe's
taint.

Anyways, a big fight ensued and I finally gave up anything to to with the
organization last
October. I still maintain the domains (TLDA.NET, TLDA.ORG) and will hand them
over
to a worthty successor (rule 1: They must denounce Joe Baptista and ban him
forever
from the organization or else they don't get the domains).

The TLDA re-organized in January 2007 under Georgia law and just recently had
their
first election of officers under the new charter. I am NOT a member now, and
have nothing
to do with the TLDA. Its best if I stay away and let others carry the burden
for awhile -
I served 6 years, its time for others to step up now.

Now as to Tom's comment about Karl:

Tom, Karl Peters has been a great advocate for the INS and if anyone can
kick-start the TLDA
he can. He is not a bad guy like Joe is. I only wish that he would see Joe for
the destructive
person he is and denounce him and dissassoiate himself from Joe.

Sorry to be so long winded, but the record needs setting straight as it always
does after an
unpleaant bout of Baptistherria.